This blog will help user & consultant to understand scope of basic & custom functionality for SAP Collaboration folder. Collaboration folder helps during 2 stage bidding process and provides a collaborative platform for information exchange.
Author: Devraj Singh Rawat
Created on: 1 October 2013
Devraj Singh is a SAP SRM 7.0 Techno-Functional, ABAP-Workflow Lead consultant with more than 7 years of SAP Consulting Experience working with Leading IT Organization serving global & domestic clients.
Currently involved in providing innovative solutions on SAP SRM, c’Folder , Business Workflow, UI Development & Integration.
SRM 7.02, c’Folder version 4.00
- Buyer can exchange information in terms of document or Notes with Internal Team, Suppliers and Evaluators.
SAP provides 5 standard folders.
- Technical Bid – This area is used for submitting technical Bid by supplier.
- Collaboration – This area is visible to everyone participating in bidding process.
- External Area – Buyer can put his requirement document and specification for any tender.
- Internal Area – This area is visible to Internal company.
- Evaluation – This area is visible to Evaluator maintained in Permission tab.
Scope of Custom Developments
- PreBID (Custom) – This area is used for pre bid quarries.
- PostBid (Custom) – This area is used for post bid quarries.
- Initially while publishing Rfx SAP shows Collaboration, External area & internal area in which buyer can post his requirement technical detail for suppliers.
- Supplier & Buyers can exchange information in terms of document or Notes using PreBid folder (Custom) before bid creation.
- After all clarification supplier can initiate bid response process.
- SAP Provides Tech_Bid folder while creation of Bid response where supplier attaches his technical documents. SAP creates a separate folder for each supplier with one to one access. This folder is in write mode only till submission dead line.
- After submission deadline and technical opening; there is no place where buyer and supplier can negotiate further so we can provide a Post Bid clarification folder (Custom) under Technical Bid. This should be one to One for each supplier. As no other supplier should view other supplier documents.
- Access control for standard folders has been designed by SAP as requires in rfx process. There is a scope for access control for custom folders.
- Auto subscribe functionality exist to some standard folders; which send notification to subscribers on any action on that folders.
- There is a scope of similar functionality for custom folders.
- Evaluator can access his folder by email link and post his comments on technical document.
Hope this will help.