Banking and the global financial crisis have been linked for years. Most people in the banking IT industry are aware of the Top 3 pressures established banks face: regulations, consumer complaints, and shareholder demands. Those, alone, should keep banking executives jumping through hoops.
But a new study also shows a 4th: new competitors with agile IT capabilities. This means, according to a new study performed by Pierre Audoin
Consultants (PAC), the best in banking will be those who turn their teams over to their archaic legacy systems and work on the adoption of more flexible technologies that can respond faster to the changing dynamics of the market.
What are your banking customers talking about? Here are the challenges that the 2012 PAC study found:
- Banking continues to be a highly competitive industry with demanding customers
- Regulatory changes demand greater protection of consumers, especially in the area of risk management for consumer protection
- New technologies, such as Internet and mobile, are critical to service and transparency
- New banking industry entrants are putting the pressure on established institutions
- Improved cost management may drive the rethinking of existing business models
- Improvements in margins and sales activities are the focus in Investment Banking
As traditional business models are innovated, and new strategies successfully deployed, one thing will be certain: they’ll all need to be able to change, adapt and adopt very fast. Your banking customers may be going through the same thing.
That’s where SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions for the banking industry can help banks address the competitive industry and demanding customers with improved service management, visual analytics and business apps that allow processes to go mobile.
SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (see July article in American Banker) are packaged solutions that contain software, services, enablement and pre-configured content. The portfolio of banking solutions helps banks become:
- Fast: they deploy in weeks because SAP uses unique methodology that defines the deployment down to the last step and
provides pre-configured content and accelerators to help the bank adopt the latest practices that SAP and SAP Partners see working well in today’s banking climate
- Cost competitive: the scope and schedule are fixed as are the costs, allowing the bank to predict and contain all costs associated with the project
- People-centric: because the solutions help address the banking challenges for improved efficiencies and better customer service, enhancing the customer experience, while providing user skills training as part of the package, something that the bank employees need as soon as they are able to get their hands on the system
Here is a list of current SAP Rapid Deployment solutions for the banking industry:
- SAP Loans Management for Banking rapid-deployment solution
- Rapid Data Migration to SAP Loans Management for Banking
- SAP Deposits Management rapid-deployment solution
- SAP Marketing, Sales, and Service for Banking rapid-deployment solution for branch agreement origination
- SAP Enterprise Risk Reporting for Banking
More SAP Rapid Deployment solutions for Banking are coming soon. Additionally, there are multiple cross-industry solutions for customer relationship management (CRM), mobile apps, portfolio monitoring, and analytics that are high on the list and able to help banking institutions overhaul their agility factor and take monumental leaps forward in their competitive positioning – and by using the rapid-deployment implementation methodology, these banking solutions can be implemented in only a few weeks!
For more blogs about SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions, click here.
Follow SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions on Twitter: @SAPRDS