- You have installed SAP on Sybase ASE 15.x on windows 2008 x64
- You have installed Sybase ASE 15.x for other applications (Business Objects etc.,) on Windows 2008 x64
SAP on sybase ASE provides a GUI tool for managing the sybase databases called Sybase Central 6.0. In general for product like SAP on sybase ASE, this tool will be installed automatically and the short cuts to this are disabled. Hence this could be found on following path “<inst_dir>:\sybase\<SID>\Shared\Sybase Central 6.0.0\win64\scjview.exe”. Once open this application in general it should look like the following screen.
You could see the Adaptive server enterprise Plugin is available for use. You can right click on the default and define the connection parameter to connect to the Sybase DB server.
***Warning: It is strongly recommended to maintain the DB related to the SAP instance through DBACOCKPIT transaction !!! ****
Some times you may not find any plugins listed in the Sybase central and so we cannot connect to the DB server. Your may see the following screen.
This is because the The ASE plugin for the Sybase central is missing from the following location “<inst_dir>:\sybase\TRG\ASEP\lib”, it may be corrupted or there may be some problem during installations. But could be solved by installing a small component as show below.
Step 1: Download the plug in file from sybase website.
You have download the setup files. In order to do that you have registered in the www.sybase.com and the registration is free. Once you have registered click on the link “http://downloads.sybase.com/” and do the following steps.
- Enter you user ID (registered Email) and password.
- On next page Click on Adaptive server Enterprise under products.
- Scroll down to for Windows x64 platform and look for “Sybase Central and ASE Plug-In for ASE -EBFxxx”
- Once found, click on it to download the files.
- It will navigate to license agreement page, and check on I AGREE (there would two check box, so check both of them) and click on continue.
- It will navigate you to list of files. Choose EBFxxxx.zip file to download.
Step 2: Install the plug-in to system where the Sybase server is running.
- Extract the zip file and open the folder to run the setup
- Run the setup.exe
- Click next to confirm installation
- Accept the license terms
- Acknowledge the installation path (i.e) existing sybase installtion directory (ex: D:\sybase\<sid>) by clicking next
- Click on Install. (installation would take just one or two minutes)
- After installing the necessary components, it would ask to enable or disable “remember password” option. It is recommended to “Disable”
- Finally click on ‘Done”
Now you shall open the sybase central (scjview.exe) and you could see the adaptive sever plug-in installed.
Right click on default –> select connect –> specify connection parameters to connect to DB.