We can filter report results based on Text search strings.
- Create a new input control that sets a variable to whatever the user types.
- Create a second variable that searches the dimension we want to filter on for the string contained in the first input control variable
- The variable will output 1 if the search string is found, 0 otherwise
- The variable should force the search string and the dimension we are searching to be all upper or lowercase
- The variable should check the POS function for a non-null value to determine if the search string exists.
- We can search 1 or more fields by duplicating the search condition for each dimension to search
- Insert the variable as a column in the tables you want to search and mark it as hidden (optional), and apply a filter based on the variable to the table or report.
=If Pos(Upper([ValueToSearch]); Upper([SearchString])) > 0 Then 1 Else 0