There are times when we need to use the substitutions for particular fields but they are unavailable. This requires a small effort from our end to include the requisite field for the substitution rules. Here I would provide the steps, which will make things easier to understand.
1. Check if the field that needs to be substituted is already present or not.
2. If it is not present, go to SM30. Select the table VWTYGB01. Click on Maintain. For example, say the field cost center (KOSTL) needs to be substituted. This field will have the “Exclude” check box checked. Hence this is not present in the variables that can be substituted.
3. Uncheck the “Exclude” checkbox for the requisite field. Since this field has been excluded, this is not showing up during the field search in substitution. Save it.
4. Run the program RGUGBR00 via SE38 and execute it. The following showcases the selections that need to be made for running the program and including
the appropraiate variables (in this case KOSTL).
5. The field KOSTL will get added to the substitution rules. Now this can also be used for substitution as and when required.
This way we can add different fields which may not be available for subtitution initially. All the fields that can be used for substitution, from different tables, are provided in the table VWTYGB01.