Procedure to apply a patch for existing SUP Mobile SDK/Runtime
I know you would have done this many times. But yesterday i tried to update sup mobile SDK 2.2.0 to 2.2 SP 04 and found an issue.
This issue was not known to me so thought of sharing it. I am sure it would be helpful for others.
Tools : SUP mobile SDK 2.2.0
Where to get the patch?
You can download SUP mobile sdk 2.2 SP 04 patch from here:
I am assuming you have installed mobile sdk 2.2.0 on your machine with having admin privileges.
Once you download that patch from mentioned link, you would find a folder named ebf21335 in a zip folder with name SMP_Mobile_SDK_2.2.4-patch.
- Go to Command prompt
- Browse to the ebf folder path D:\Jitendra Kansal\softwares\sup 2.2 SP04\ebf21335
- run installebf.bat file
- It would ask you for taking backup of existing files.
- Press ‘Y’
- After pressing ‘Y‘, i encountered one error saying:
The Install Script is unable to write to the registry. Please make sure that the registry and files have write permission.
After noticing and taking help from experts, i got to know there is something to do with admin rights.
- So i found two solutions for this:
1. Either you run command prompt as Run as Administrator and follow the given procedure:
2. Set cmd.exe as admin always.
- click start>type command> right click command prompt>properties
- On the Shortcut tab, click Advanced.
- select the Run as administrator checkbox.
- click OK twice.
NOTE: Now, when you launch a command prompt from start menu, UAC will prompt you for administrative privileges.
final result should look like this:
Bookmarked this. Will be useful for sure.
good viru p 🙂