Granting Users the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Application Rights on the BI 4.1 Platform
Starting SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 5.x client, if you are using BI platform 4.1 and higher release versions, the mobile application rights that are granted via CMC take precedence over ‘clientsettings.properties’ file settings on Mobile server.
For example, if the “right to save” documents to the local store of a device is not granted to the user in the CMC, users cannot download BI documents to their device even if the “offlineStorage” property is set to true in the client settings property file.
Also note that if the “right to save” documents is granted in the CMC, but “offlineStorage=false” in client settings, users cannot download BI documents to the mobile device. Only when the right is granted and offlineStorage=true that users can download/save BI documents to the device
Steps for Granting Users Mobile Application Rights
Once installed and configured, the users of an SAP BusinessObjects Mobile application can perform various actions in the app on device, including:
1. Logging on to the application.
2. Downloading BI documents.
3. Sharing BI documents with other business users.
4. Subscribing to document alerts.
Note: Alerts are notifications that appear in the application when Web Intelligence documents with conditional formatting are refreshed or updated on the server. Alerts appear only if the document is subscribed for alerts in the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile application.
However, to use the above features and interact with the application, users need to have the necessary rights on the BI platform.
As an administrator, you can grant these application rights to users through the Central Management Console (CMC) by following the procedure below:
1. Access the CMC on the BI platform 4.0
For example: http://10.10.111.111:8080/BOE/CMC/
2. Choose Applications in the drop-down that appears on the CMC page.
3. Right click SAP BusinessObjects Mobile and choose User Security. The User Security window appears.
4. In the table, select the particular user or user-group to which you want to grant SAP BusinessObjects Mobile rights. Choose Assign Security.
5. In the Assign Security window, choose the Advanced tab and choose Add/Remove Rights.The Add/ Remove Rights window appears displaying the specific rights for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile
6. Based on your security requirements, ensure that you have enabled the rights for various actions (such as subscribing to document alerts) by selecting the radio button in the first (tickmark) column.
7. Choose Apply, close the User Security: SAP BusinessObjects Mobile window and logout from the CMC.
Note: The rights for SAP BusinessObjects Mobile do not appear in the CMC on any release of the BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1. This feature is supported only on BI platform 4.0 and higher; BI platform 4.1 and higher release versions