Once in a while, the end-users in the portal go for a planned leave and may need other users to recieve tasks on their behalf or take over their Universal Worklist completely.
‘Manage Substitution Rules’ in the Universal Worklist helps in this case(needs to be done from the end-user’s Universal Worklist Options).
This document describes in detail, the steps that need to be followed to Create/Delete/Modify/Activate/Deactivate the Substitution Rules of a user.
Please follow these steps:
1.Log On to The portal and open the Universal Work List.
2. Click on the highlighted option logo and select ‘Manage Substitution Rules’.
3. Click on ‘Create Rule’ to Create a new substitution rule:
4. Choose a nominee to receive the tasks by clicking on ‘Select’:
5. Choose a user from the UME (Enter a search string, select the user and click on ‘Apply’):
6. The selected user should appear in the Nominee section:
7. Select the type of tasks to be received by the nominee (Default:’All’):
8. Select the type of Substitution:
a)‘Receive My Tasks’: (Selecting this option will enable the nominee to receive your tasks only for the specified period).
Select ‘Receive My Tasks’ and click on ‘Next’:
Here, we will get 3 options for Rule Activation.
If we select ‘On’, the Substitution Rule will be enabled instantly and activated either ‘At Once’ or ‘On’ the selected date:
Select the date and click on ‘Save’:
Selecting ‘Off’ will keep the rule saved but inactivated . The saved rule can be activated whenever desired from the ‘Manage Substitution Rules’ screen whenever desired.
Select ‘Off’ and click on ‘Save’:
b)’Fill in For Me’: (This option will enable the nominee take over all your work items):
Select ‘Fill In For Me’ and click on ‘Next’:
We will get the following screen:
Repeat the steps for turning the rule ‘On’ or ‘Off’ as described earlier and click on ‘Save’.
Once the Rule is successfully created, we will be able to see the created rule in the ‘Manage Substitution Rules’ view:
We can turn the rule off by clicking on ‘Turn Off’:
We can also perform other operations on the created rule like ‘Delete’ and ‘Refresh’:
We can also view Substitution rules created by other users (if any):
Hope this helps. Please provide inputs if I have mentioned anything wrong.