The energetic SAP BusinessObjects community’s passion and quest for knowledge were on display once again at the ASUG SAP BusinessObjects user conference 2013 in Anaheim, California. The highlights included
Christian Rodatus and Adam Binnie, kicked off the show with their keynote on saving the world from “The Rise of Dark Data”. Christian looked like a super hero himself in his cool DG shirt debuting in his first keynote at the ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference. He shared an awesome video that introduced the crowd to the imminent villain “Dark Data” and followed with introductions of six super heroes, each coinciding with how Analytics solutions from SAP can ultimately help you stop data villains and restore order to your business operations. His super hero sidekick Adam Binnie was at his side showing off new features of SAP Lumira. To learn more about the keynote, please refer to Tammy Powlas’ great summary.
The keynote followed by a flurry of activities including breakout sessions and show floor theatre sessions. The show floor was buzzing with energy that evening – partners, customers and SAP experts discussing new innovations and sharing information.
Day 2 keynote of Steve Lucas was another inspiring presentation. Steve shared cool innovations from SAP including these great quotes
● Big Data is simply using data that was previously ignored due to technology limitations.
● Big Data is having its cloud moment.
● We’re not playing catch up with anyone. Our goal is to democratize the solutions.
● I know you’re thinking there’s no adult supervision at SAP. (In reference to the Big Data bus)
● If you’re not successful at work, then we’re failing you. We’re absolutely committed to your success.
● Combination of the infinite store & instant platform is the future.
● A beautiful visualization won’t help your sales suck any less, you have to act!
And here is another great summary from Tammy Powlas.
Day 2 and Day 3 were filled with several educational sessions on various hot topics such as BI 4.1, BI upgrade, BI strategy, Self-service BI and Big Data. The developer wars was exceptionally awesome – even better than reality TV. Various teams, partners and customers, compete against each other to create the best dashboards using data from a chosen charity – City Year, an organization dedicated to helping students and schools succeed. You can find all the details on how the challenge works on the ASUG SAP.
It was a great event spending time with our most passionate and loyal BI customers and partners. Thanks to everyone who attended in person. For those who couldn’t, hope this summary helps.