“This is a powerful hack which can be used to change even the standard tables and even in a production environment (if you have CHANGE access in Debugger). The changes cannot be tracked in anyway and it may lead to inconsistencies. I would think twice before using this..”
“you could not make use of this in our production environment. With a right authorization concept in place you would not be allowed to debug in production.”
“To prevent its misuse by end users, they should be restricted with debugging authorizations.”
“This functionality has been removed by SAP from Ehp5 (SAP Note 1420281) onwards”
Activate &SAP_EDIT in SE16N (SAP ECC 6.0)
In SAP ECC 6.0 EHP6, the function code
&SAP_EDIT, which enables the change mode of transaction SE16N, is deactivated (SAP Note 1420281) due to security breaches that were detected. In order to activate it (temporarily), follow the steps below:
- Go to SE16N, as usual, and type the table for which you want to make modifications.
- Instead of typing
&SAP_EDITin the command field, type
/Hand press “Enter” key to activate debugging.
- Press F8 key to enter the data browser for the above table.
- If you are using EHP6, then you may need to press F7 for several times to reach to the Screen 100 of program SAPLSE16N
- While in debugging mode & once you are in Screen 100, enter the two variables GD-EDIT and GD-SAPEDIT and press “Enter” key.
- For each variable, click on the change button, change the value to an uppercase “X” and press “Enter” key.
- Press F8 key to exit debugging and enter the table in change mode.
Here is how the Entry to be changed in the debug mode.
Please be careful while using this trick.