How many URLs do you have that are bookmarked for business intelligence (BI)? Ten? Twenty? More? There’s a wealth of information out there – about BI as a discipline and about SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence solutions. We know information is scattered across many sites – and many of them are SAP sites!
SAP has many great resources. SCN has a wealth of information and is an awesome community. SAP’s website is the source of foundational information about the solutions that SAP offers for business intelligence. We even have information about all user groups globally on sap.com. There are great social media channels out there – on YouTube, twitter, Facebook, and more.
Search Google for “business intelligence SAP” and you will get 24 million hits! I just did! That’s 24 with six zeros at the end! Yikes! Talk about “Big Data”! How in the world can anyone find the best of the best, most relevant information about business intelligence?
Get Informed at the New SAP Website for BI Customer Success
On SAP’s new business intelligence customer success website, we won’t claim to have found every nugget of great information out of those 24 million URLs, but we will aggregate the most value and relevant content. Its purpose is to educate and inform. I get questions from customers every day. So, with other SAP colleagues who also get lots of customer questions, we have prioritized the website to start providing those answers.
At our new website, you can:
- Learn about what ‘s new in the latest release of BI solutions from SAP, including the recently released SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1
- Find customer success stories to help develop your own BI strategies and approaches to evolving BI in your company
- Receive our best guidance and recommendations for implementing and upgrading BI solutions from SAP, including customized upgrade recommendations
- Complete a short questionnaire about your current BI environment and receive customized recommendations in a handy PDF report.
- Follow up with additional questions to our upgrade experts
- View the best how-to videos for BI best practices in the BI Academy section
In addition, we’re adding new content every day. Plans include:
- Links to the best of other SAP online resources so you can navigate easily to other SAP sites
- A new BI Strategy Assessment online tool
- Guides for running a successful BI program
It’s Not Just About BI – It’s About Your System
You can also learn more about your entire system, not just BI. If you’re thinking about Big Data, we’ll point you to what SAP is doing there. Easy peasy to find. Got questions about SAP Sybase IQ and BI? Just ask! Running SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW) now? We’ll get you the “best of BI on BW,’ too.