Going to SAP TechEd 2013? Get the Badge on SCN and Get a Jump on Connecting with Other Members Who Are Going
Are you going to SAP TechEd this year? Have you already registered?
If not, you know what to do: Register Now. When you go through the registration process, be sure and enter your SCN ID (which is NOT your user name or email address, BTW ‒ here’s how you find your SCN ID.) This way you’ll be eligible for SAP TechEd missions and badges on SCN.
Now, it’s certainly nice to have this badge, but even better is seeing who else you know who has it, which tells you if they are going too. If another SCN member has the badge, and you’re already following each other, you can DM (direct message) each other and plan to connect before, during, or after the event. It’s taking the power of SCN and those member connections to the next level—meeting face-to-face.
If someone has the badge on their profile, you can see which location they’re registered for by hovering over the badge. You may even notice some folks, like speakers and SCN team members, who have more than one badge because they’re going to more than one SAP TechEd location.
NOTE: We award these badges on a weekly basis, not immediately, so it might take a few days before you see one on your profile. And although we are starting with badges for Las Vegas attendees first, we will award badges for other SAP TechEd locations as well as time goes on, so please enter your SCN ID no matter which location(s) you plan to attend.
If you’re already registered, don’t worry, you can still add your SCN ID to your registration. Here’s how!
- Find your registration confirmation email (sender should be SAP TechEd 2013 and the subject should be SAP TechEd 2013 <location> Registration Confirmation) and note your confirmation number.
- Go to Access My Registration and enter that confirmation number and password to log in.
The Access My Registration Record screen appears.
- Select Edit your Personal Information.
- On the Personal Information screen, scroll down past the mobile number and email address and Twitter handle input fields, until you get to the section titled “SAP Community Network (SCN) ID.”
- Enter your SCN ID in the input field.
(This is an I-, D-, C-, S-, or P-number. Here’s how to find your SCN ID.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
Your changes are saved, and the next time we do an upload of the “I’ll Be There” badge for your location, your badge will appear on your SCN profile Bio tab.