As directed by the CEIC (Certification Enablement and Influence Council), SAP Certification has conducted a survey of its user groups to gather feedback regarding the importance of certification in general and specifically the importance of Credential Manager implementation. Approximately 300 individuals from SAP User Groups around the world responded to the survey that concluded June 2013.
More than 80% of respondents say it is important or very important to have their employees certified. And, 60% say certification is used as criteria when selecting consultants to implement SAP projects. Also, 75% of respondents indicate it is important or very important to be able to search a public registry of consultants.
When implementing SAP projects, 70% of respondents indicate it is important or very important that partner consultants are certified. This is the same response when asked if it was important to have SAP consultants who are certified to implement an SAP project.
However, only half of respondents are aware that SAP offers two levels of certification and are not aware that a Professional certification is available. Also, only 60% of respondents are aware that SAP certifications are designed as role-based assessments.
The majority of respondents are not aware of the delivery channels available to take SAP certification exams. It is important to at least 80% of respondents to have flexibility in location and availability of a testing center to take an exam.
Over 75% of respondents indicate that it is important to have the ability to confirm an applicant’s certification status. The ability to search a public registry of consultants for a specific solution area or location is also important.
Key learning points and action items as a result of this survey:
- Majority of users realize it is important or very important to have their employees certified
- Majority of users say they prefer to hire SAP certified consultants to implement SAP projects (either partner consultants or SAP consultants).
- Initiative to certify over 95% of our own internal workforce is the right direction
- SAP Education needs to increase the awareness that SAP certification exams are role-based and not exams of product features
- SAP Education needs to improve awareness of the availability of exam delivery channels such as Pearson Vue and SAP Training Centers
- SAP Certification Credential Manager will meet the requirements of users to have a tool to verify a consultants certification status and the ability to search a public registry of certified consultants