[Last update: May 2019]
This document describes the SAP Landscape Management scenarios with Db2 for z/OS. For other IBM platforms refer to the parent document IBM on-premise cloud configuration for SAP.
The IBM Z architecture is different than other platforms, hence the supported scenarios look different.
- Database storage is managed through Db2.
- Db2 for z/OS usually runs in datasharing mode in a Parallel Sysplex enabling business continuity.
- SAP Central Services may run on z/OS while other SAP application server instances run on AIX, Linux, or Windows.
Monitoring and visualization:
- End-to-end OS, DB and SAP monitoring and visualization is supported for z/OS, Linux on IBM Z, and Db2 for z/OS via SAP host agent.
- For the application servers see support statements of the respective platform.
- Post-Copy Automation is supported.
- For Automatic Capacity Management including provisioning of additional dialog instances see support statements of the respective platform.
The IBM Db2 Cloning Tool for z/OS automates the cloning process for Db2 subsystems. This product features fast cloning at the data set level.