1. How to find field lenth and types of the fields we recorded during first step of LSMW. It will help to avoid the warning source field is longer than target field
We need to choose Object Overview .
than either List Or Table. Let us see Table
Choose Overview in Table. The you can see the type of the field and lent of the fileld
either you can just copy past using Ctrl Y function or it can be downloded from menu as a file. copy past in excel file and remove unnessary details and blank rows. again save the excel file as .txt
After executing the “Maintain Source Fields ” step, you can upload the same file ( you need to be in change mode). Source field => copy field = > open the txt file or you can maintain using option Table maintenance
1.1) What is source field
The the field which you maintain in the “Assign Files”.
1.2) What is target field
Which is recorded during first step of LSMW.
1.3) Why these are called as source field and target field. Why it is required to maintain the same taget field as source field ? Why such a functanality has not been build to consider the taget field as souce field automatically ?
We need not to maintain the same target field as souce field. We can maintain the source field as it exist in our file which we used to upload at the time of “Assign Files”. but when you follow the step you need to manually map the field during step “Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules”. You cannot use auto field mapping fucntion.
1.4) How to correct the source field length or type for already added fields.
In the step “Maintain Source Fields”. Go to change mode than double click on the respective source field. than we can make changes as diplayed in the below screen.
2. The created batch session can be downloded and exported in other system (for e.g from testing system to production). Other user cannot run the batch file unless it is run by the same person who created. How to change the file owner name
Open the downloaded file before you upload and find and replace the user ID (who created the batch session to your user ID)
3. How to import and export the sessions created from the LSMW.
for importing (during SM35 screen)=> Shift F11 and choose the option button “File from presentation server” => open the session file saved in the desktop => execute.
for export (during SM35 screen) => Shift F12 and choose the option button “File from presentation server” => select the path and give some file name => execute. => select the line item and click on view button ( cursor should be on the line item got uploaded).
4. How to import and export LSMW. It will help to download our LSMW from one system and export into other system. And it will help us to keep the recording readymade, whenever we want we can upload in any system and process
From the LSMW main screen ( after entering the LSMW transaction code), choose Extras => export project and Export rules = > export
For importing Extras = >import project again Edit => import
5. What is the step “Display Converted Data” ? what is the use
Before creating bacth session, you need to check the converted data. Here only we can ensure that whatever steps we followed are correct. We need to check the each field name and the field value. It is most important steps to be checked before creating batch session to avoid errors. The input file values needs to be shown correctly again the target field recorded.
6. How to check the exisitng LSMW creating in system
From the LSMW main screen choose LSM Workbench from the menue than select all object
7. How to transport
from LSMW main screen Extras = > Generate change request