The Global SAP Business Transformation Summit took place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington DC from September 10-12, 2013. This Summit was hosted by Business Transformation Services group (BTS), the Value Partnership community (VBS), and the SAP affiliated Business Transformation Academy (BTA).
Presentations at the Summit focused on the following key areas:
- Accelerating Transformations
- Improving Business Insights
- Innovating Business Models
- Enabling the Digital Enterprise for Competitive Advantage
This Summit was attended by about 200 participants from 40 countries around the world, including Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Nigeria, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, UK, Brazil, Argentina, Lichtenstein, among others. UA was also well represented by these faculty members:
- Dr. Tunde Odusami, Widener University
- Dr. Ephrem Eyob, Virginia State University
- Maria V. Gamba*, The University of Findlay (Maria’s attendance was on behalf of BTA and UA)
A very interactive part of this Summit is the World Cafe consisting of six different topics. Participants chose from these topics during the round table discussion:
- Transformation Management
- Innovation Management
- Customer Centricity
- Effective Knowledge Worker
- Operational Excellence
- IT Excellence.
The objectives of this well-organized Summit coordinated by teams and staff of Anand Eswaran (EVP, SAP Global Services), Dr. Axel Uhl (Head of SAP BTA), Lars Gollenia (Global Head o SAP BTS), and Sumithasri Eranti (Head of SAP VPS) are threefold: to promote an understanding of how strategic partnerships enable successful business transformation, to learn from best practices of business leaders, and to enhance a community of accomplished academics and corporate leaders who can learn from one another. The Summit accomplished all that and more.
Specific details can be found via this link: