- Drag and drop a label based menu. The default ‘Orientation’ setting in the ‘General’ tab is “Horizontal”. Change this to ‘Vertical’.
Figure 1 : Label Based Menu Orientation
2. Map the labels to the name of the reports. For example, map the labels to the Excel sheet from B1:B5.
Figure 2: Mapping labels
3. Keep the following settings for the ‘Behavior’ tab of the Label Based Menu.
- Uncheck ‘Always Expanded’. You can keep the ‘Expand On’ option as ‘Mouse Click’ or ‘Mouse Over’ depending on your requirements.
- Selected Item as ‘No selection’.
- Map the ‘Insert Selected Item’ to a cell say A1 in Excel Sheet.
Figure 3: Label Based Menu – Behavior tab
4. Drag and drop a URL button onto the canvas. And type or map the Report URL, specify if the URL should open in the same browser window or new window as shown:
Figure 4: URL Button – General tab
5. Under the URL button’s ‘Behavior’ tab, map the trigger cell to the ‘Insert Selected Item’ cell of the Label Based Menu i.e. cell A1. Also, map the ‘When Value Becomes’ cell to the corresponding Report label which you want to trigger on clicking the label of the ‘Label Based Menu’.
Figure 5: URL Button – Behavior tab
6. Since, we do not need to explicitly show the URL button, we can make it invisible by not showing the button background and the label as shown:
Figure 6: URL Button – Appearance tab
Figure 7: URL Button – Appearance tab (Text)
The label based menu’s label when clicked triggers the appropriate URL.