the capability to continuously track activities in the monitored applications/systems.
- Alert notifications : Measure performance of business process against predefined set of metrics, and Provide notifications (alert)
when actual is not in-line with defined preformance metrics.
- Analytics: Based on the data collected, users can run analytics reports, Benchmark analysis etc. for comparison across different countries, Sales Organizations etc. This analytics functionality is another out-of-the-box functionality provided by SAP.
- Service Level Reporting: BPMON setup can be for Service Level Reporting aggregated per day, week or month.
- Business Process Operations Dashboards:Based on the data collected using Business Process Monitoring, it is possible to build BPO Dashboards can provide an overview of a specific business topic such as a business process or a business area. It is possible to restrict the display to a specific user group by giving them specific roles/authorizations.
3. Business Benefits of using Business Process Monitoring
- Improves process transparency, efficiency, and effectiveness of monitored Business Processes.
- Revenue Improvement
- Cost reduction
- Process cycle-time Improvement
- Hands-off improvement
- Wait time
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Service Level Agreements
- Legal and standards Compliance
4. General Infrastructure for Business Process Monitoring
being managed by Solution manager are called Managed Systems (Ex. ERP, CRM, SCM). The BPMON infrastructure is contained in various add-ons both on solution manager as well as managed systems. On the SAP Solution Manager system, the BPMON engine is part of the ST add-on, while the setup functionality for BPMON is contained in the ST-SER. On the managed system, the interface monitoring coding
that is called by SAP Solution Manager is part of add-on ST-A/PI. For infrastructure reasons, add-on ST-A/PI is also required on the SAP Solution Manager system.
4.1 Setup Procedure for Business Process Monitoring in Solution Manager
5. Using BPMON as a tool for Business Process improvement
- Identify the Key Figures to be monitored
- List the people who will be taking corrective measures
- Define threshold values for each KPI
- Create and activate BPMON solution for the identified Business Processes and Key Figures
- Check the values collected for the KPIs being monitored
- ACT (Adjust) – adjust counter measure, standardize, stop monitoring
- Take required action on the KPIs, notify the person responsible to take necessary action
- Adjust the threshold values for the KPIs based on experience
- Add or remove KPIs from the solution
5.1 BPMON as an Analytics tool
5.1.1 Age Analysis – 12 months
5.1.3 Trend Analysis
Key Figure –SD Deliveries– GI date in the past but not delivered
X-Axis – Calender days
Y-Axis – Number of Sales Orders, Sales Officewise breakup
We can also have a breakup on the basis of Document type and Sales Org.
5.1.4 Detail Analysis
Key Figure – SD Deliveries – Outbound Deliveries (overdue)
5.2 BPMON as an Alerting tool
BPMON solution can be used to receive system generated alerts based on the threshold values set up for specific key figures. Once the
low and high threshold values are set in the BPMON solution, system will send an alert e-mail if the threshld values are exceeded, thus acting as an early
The e-mail also contains a hyperlink with which it is possible to log into the Solution Manager and perform further analysis.