Microsoft’s Nokia buy makes India so Special
We all know that Microsoft will pay $5bn for the devices division and $2.2bn for patents in an all-cash transaction.
Here is an analysis how India jewel in crown of Microsoft’s Nokia buy.
- Nokia’s India plant at Chennai is the largest facility for it globally.
- India is among the few profitable markets for Nokia.
- India has one of the most concentrated developer bases for Nokia Apps.
- India is the second-largest phone market for Nokia globally, behind China.
- India is among the top 3 countries in terms of music downloads for Nokia.
- Nokia stil enjoys a commanding 13.2% market share in Indian mobile market.
- Nokia maps with voice-guided navigation are available for over 4000 cities/towns & 12 lakh kilometers.
- India has emerged among the Top 3 markets for Windows-run Nokia Lumia globally.
- Nokia store (for Nokia Asha and S40 devices) has achieved cumulative downloads of two billion.