Deploying SAP UI5 Applications from Eclipse
This document is a walkthrough for deploying sap UI5 Application straight from Eclipse. There are some advantages for developing sap UI5 application from Eclipse instead of NWDS. NWDS is not yet available mac os which makes it difficult for me to get the things done whereas I can use Eclipse in mac. So it makes complete sense for me to use Eclipse for SAP UI5 related development which otherwise not so easy.
- You have eclipse installed in your system.
- You already have created SAP UI5 web application module.
Level – Beginner
Here is a step by step guide for deploying UI5 application from Eclipse –
- Go to eclipse and choose to install a new software from Help -> Install New Software
- Go to Eclipse Market Place and either copy the update site from right or drag the install widget from left side of the page –
- If you have copied the update site please go to install software and click on the add site provide the update site url there. Or If you have dragged the install widget into workspace you will see the following option follow the instruction and install the adapter.
- Once above steps are done you are good to add the NW application server right click on any developed application and select run on server –
- From the Popup select manually define a new server and select SAP category and select SAP Netweaver 7.2. Don’t worry about server version it works for 7.3 and 7.31 too 😉 , and if you don’t like it still well you can rename the server to 7.3 thats what I did 😛 .
- Click next and define the server name and instance number, Ping server and click finish you are done –
- Once done you can see the server in the application run on server popup next time and you can deploy the
Thats all hope it helps, The constructive feedback is always welcome feel free to comment.