Introducing Chemical Company in a Box – an easy way to adopt SAP for the Chemical Industry
When small and midsize companies look for a new ERP system, they want a holistic solution that meets their requirements and at the same time addresses their concerns about cost, complexity, implementation time, and risk.
SAP teamed up with qualified system integration partners to address these concerns and requirements though a holistic package called ‘Chemical Company in a Box’. This package was designed to simplify the IT landscape, deployment, and commercial terms and make it easy to adopt SAP for the chemical industry:
ONE Package, ONE Contract, ONE Vendorand Ready to Go!
Based on standard SAP ERP and the proven industry template ‘SAP Best Practices for Chemicals’, Chemical company in a Box is comprised of the following components:
- Application: SAP ERP is the core application component. In addition, the SAP system integration partner might offer supplemental solutions – such as Analytics, Mobility, or a simplified user interface option.
- Industry Template:SAP Best Practices for Chemicals accelerates implementation projects through industry-specific business process pre-configuration, extensive documentation and built-in accelerators.
- Technology Platform: SAP HANA accelerates analytics and applications on a single, in-memory platform. Get ready for real-time business.
- Deployment:A hosted or cloud-based environment will help to keep total cost of ownership down. No need to procure and maintain hardware.
- Licensing: One package, one contract and one vendor. The SAP system integration partner provides a single contract for all software licenses, services, and fees for your hosted or cloud-based environment. Subscription-based hosting/cloud models are available through certain SAP partners. No need to sign several separate contracts with multiple vendors.
- Testing/Evaluation: The SAP partner will be able to provide a testing or evaluation landscape within two business days. This will help you to get your project started in no time.
By moving their IT infrastructure in the cloud companies save money, reduce effort, and mitigate risk. A recent TCO study by research firm vms shows that cloud-based solutions can enable savings of 30% over a 5-year TCO lifecycle.
Couple these features with 95 industry templates backed by the power of SAP in-memory computing (SAP HANA) and you have the optimal solution for small and midsized chemical companies looking to stay competitive in the marketplace by using all the features SAP has to offer.
What are your thoughts around Chemical Company in a Box? Comment below or let us know using Twitter: @SAP4Chemicals