10 steps to develop SUP101 Android Native application [Part II]
How to Access/Read Android Device side database
In this second part, i would like to discuss how we can access client side data (for android devices).
Here i am assuming application has been loaded to the android device already.
- Go to Window>Open Perspective>Other
- Open DDMS Perspective
- Go to File Explorer tab under DDMS. On the left hand side you will see Android emulator is up and running. On right hand side a list of folders, files related to the same emulator are listed.
- Go to data>data>Package Name (com.mycorp.sup101.android.app)
- Under package folder you will one.ulj (SUP1011_0.ulj) file.
Usually for all android app, database files are present in form of .db file.Here i am surprised i didnt see any database .db file under databases folder in package folder.
- Just pull this file by selecting it and click on Pull a File from the device icon. You can keep this file anywhere. i.e. desktop
- Rename .ulj extension with .udb
- Next and important task is to open this udb file. Navigate to below path
look for scjview.exe
- Open it.
I hope it will solve the problem for accessing device side data for android devices.
Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.