I never want to say it’s black or it’s white. It’s going to be a blend, but the general direction is that we’re converging. This is the first time since I’ve been here for 10 years at SAP, that we’re unofficially – we have NOT made any official statements about this – telling customers if things are converging, they are converging towards Fiori. There’s always going to be a need for exceptions, but it looks like everything’s going to be converging towards Fiori. Fiori itself is evolving, but everything is going to be converging towards that.
A recent analysis of SAP job offers shows that Fiori is also moving into other areas – some of which are more traditional products associated with OnPremise assets.
The job offers
Position : Developer Associate / Developer (f/m) – Enterprise Asset Management
As Developer Associate / Developer (f/m) in our development team in the area “Enterprise Asset Management” you take over the implementations based on SAP HANA, SAP Fiori and traditional SAP Netweaver platform.
Position : Developer (f/m) – Portfolio and Project Management on HANA
As Developer in our development team in the area “Portfolio and Project Management” you take over accountability for software implementations and contribute to concepts based on SAP HANA, SAP Fiori and traditional NW platform.
HANA Cloud Platform
Position: UI Interaction Patterns and navigation flow in HANA Cloud Platform
So far responsive and adaptive UIs based on SAP Fiori mainly focus on business applications. Within this project you will help the SAP HANA Cloud Platform team to apply Fiori design patterns to the various tools for developers and administrators. Special focus will be on identifying and defining patterns to expand and reduce content dynamically across various devices.
For this you will evaluate the needs of developers and administrators when working on various devices: desktop, tablet and mobile. Based on the results you will define user interfaces based on SAP Fiori design patterns that adapt as dynamically as possible to the various devices. You will implement prototypes to showcase your proposal
Position: Development Expert / Architect (f/m) for ERP Financials FI-CA
FI-CA is our receivables and collections management solution for mass data processing industries, fulfilling the requirements of customers in the Business2Customer (B2C) sector. We support industries such as Utilities, Retail, High Tech, Public Sector, Telecommunication, Media, and Insurance. Customers using our solution include Apple, Microsoft, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Zalando, Lexmark, and AOK
We are looking for a Development Expert / Architect to join our team. In our software development process we employ the latest technologies such as HANA and FIORI for the development of our solutions. Our goal is to maintain our position at the forefront of the software industry
- Although I only found four job offers with references to Fiori, I assume that this number will increase in the future as usage of Fiori increases – both within SAP and in SAP’s customer base
- The combination of Fiori and the “traditional NetWeaver” platform is interesting in that it shows that this UI convergence not only refers to Cloud solutions but also OnPremise-based assets as well.
- The EAM and PPM job offers give some indication that the current use cases supported by Fiori with their HR-focus are just a beginning and the experience / architecture will be used in other business areas as well.
- The connection of the FI-CA offer with Fiori is weaker but I thought it is interesting that Fiori was being used in this context as a means to attract developers. I’d be curious to know which FI-CA scenarios might be covered via Fiori.
- The job offer for the HANA Cloud Platform is intriguing, because it specifically pinpoints Fiori design patterns as an integral part of the job. I also like the use of these design patterns for administrators rather than business users.