In HR Renewal 1.0, Action Lane is offered as a part of HR Professional role or landing page. Action lane displays all actions available for HR Professionals. For more details please see this link in the section HR Renewal 1.0 SP14.
Content for the Action Lane comes from launchpad configured in the HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD Personalization object Key in the PFCG role assigned for the user. If no launchpad name is in the HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD Personalization object Key then standard SAP delivered launchpad’s (Role: HRPAO instance: ACTIONS) content is displayed in the action lane.
In the SAP delivered launchpad, so many applications are present. Not all the applications might not be relevant for the user. Standard Launchpad can be copied to a new launchpad and keep only the required applications and the new launchpad can be associated to the role. Another advantage is that the Action Lane would be faster.
Following is the list of steps needs to be followed to copy the standard launchpad and modifying the entries and associating the new launchpad to the Role.
1. Navigate to LPD_CUST transaction
2. Open the standard launchpad delivered by SAP for HR Professional User. i.e. open Role: HRPAO Instance: ACTIONS in display mode
3. From menu Choose Launchpad -> Save as … to copy the launchpad and provide new Role, Instance and Description and choose continue button
4. Navigate to LPD_CUST transaction again
5. Locate the new launchpad (created in step 3)
6. Open the launchpad in change mode.
7. Modify the launchpad like delete the folders or links which are not applicable for your organization or add new links or folders. Save the launchpad
Note: Only one level folder and application of those folders are displayed in Action Lane. So if multi-level or nested folders are created in launchpad then they are not displayed in Action Lane. For example:
- In above screenshot under Actions folder Employee Basic Data folder is present and application are added within this folder. This content will be visible in Action Lane.
- If a new folder is created within Employee Basic Data and then added the application within it, then they will not be visible in Action Lane.
- If new launchpad is created (of normal launchpad not the repository launchpad) and applications are added directly under the root folder. This content will not be visible in Action Lane
8. Open the HR Professional PFCG Role
9. Edit the Role
10. Navigate to the Personalization tab and locate HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD Personalization object Key.
Double click on the key and enter the copied launchpad name for Role and Instance and click on Continue button.
Note: If HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD Personalization object Key is blank then the standard launchpad contents are displayed in action lane.
11. Save the changes.
Note: Following steps are for getting the country text in Action Lane
12. Navigate to view /UI2/LPD_FEEDERV
13. Create the new entry by providing new launchpad name, as Customer object and Class as CL_HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD_FEEDER. Save changes.
14. Access the landing page for the user (who has the role accessed in step 8 is assigned)
15. New launchpad’s content is displayed in the Action Lane. For example in the below screenshot you can see only two folders Change Organization Structure and Employee Basic Data’s contents are displayed.