SAP NetWeaver 2004s, mySAP ERP 2005
Gaurang Gujar, Capgemini , Consultant , Appsone.
Most of company has SAP workflow Implemented and they have their support going on.
MNC’s hire a couple of SAP workflow consultant doing the administrative part of workflow
- i.e. Forwarding the work item to another user, Checking out if work item exist with another user.
Forwarding the outstanding work item of a user to another user reason being the existing user is terminated or reassigned etc.
Most of this administrative work can be done through standard SAP Transaction like SWIA, SWELS, SWEL,
SWI5, SWPS, SWPR, SWUS_WITH_REFERENCE etc.
Basically such tasks are adminstritative and mechanical and distributed over various transactions in SAP.
So I thought of a concept why not make this available at a single place and make it simple that even user can do this stuff ,bringing incidents and support down to a large scale.
This thought encouraged me to build a small utility tool which is as below.
This tool is based on Excel and RFC technology
Features of this tool
As a part of Logon you need to enter Your Server Client Username and Password in Row1
All the Fields in White and Brown are Editable.
Since most workflows I dealt with were HR related I have unique field PERNR (Employee ID) as Key Field.
The workflows I dealt with were Hire, Termination, Org reassignment and Change in Position so this process
happens once in day i.e. Employee is Hired/Terminated once in day.
So I choose Employee, Start date of the Process and Workflow Description as Input Parameters for my Dashboard.
Given The Parameters click on get work item it calls RFC’s in the Backend to get the root node and dependent nodes and the recipients of the work item. If the workflow is error it gives a message workflow is error. Once data is corrected the workflow
Can be restarted by clicking on the Button (Restart the workflow).
Below are list of Buttons which are functionality I thought of adding to the Tool.
Let’s Discuss each functionality in Detail
· Get Workitem: – This will get the Root Node ID of the workflow in Workflows ID field and the current ready work item ID in work item field. . It will also give you the current recipients of the work item If the workflow is Error it gives a Pop up Message about the Error State of workflow.
· Forward: – It needs to be used after Get Workitem, Once it is pressed the Workitem ID in ready status for given task is populated Workitem ID Field and the Recipients are in Recipients list. If you want forward it to another user Enter the name of User in Forward to Column and Click on forward.
You can verify the work item has been forwarded by Clicking on Get Workitem and checking the Recipient List.
If you don’t know the user name you can use Don’t know the User Name Sheet to Find the User Name.
It supports wild card operator “*” as SAP.
· Restart from Error :- It is used to restart the workflow back from Error (same as SWPR)
Once the data is corrected. (Used after Get Workitem)
· Continue Workflow: – It is used to continue workflow. (SWPC)
(Used after Get Workitem)
· Reactivate work item:- It is to be used If the Workitem is reserved and again needs to be re-activated back to ready status. (Used after Get Workitem)
· Get Users Work list: – It is to be used when you need to fetch the details of work list(UWL) of the user
And the corresponding can be copied to field work item ID. Click on Forward button to forward it to another user.
Future Plans for the Tool
The tool can be further enhanced to do the analysis on Error if the workflow and change the container value accordingly or change the org structure and so on.
As requested this is now available in WD4A.