Here’s my ‘Data Geek Story’. For the first time when I read about The Data Geek Challenge, three things excited me.
- Playing with SAP Lumira
- Share the data geek story
- Yes!.. the T-shirt with DATA GEEK Logo.. 🙂 ( as it was something like superman’s HOPE logo 😛 )
In my Data Geek Story, I used sample data related to Population of India in 2011. It includes population analysis for urban and rural regions in 2011.
Excel sheet was used as the data source for this analysis.
- Uploaded the excel into Lumira. The flat file contains a set of data with 5 Columns (State and union territory, Population in 2011, total % of all population, Rural population, Urban population)
- The below mentioned elements were enriched as measures
- Created geographic hierarchy by names for ‘State and union territory’ as shown below
- Created Visualizations as shown below
The rural population of Uttar Pradesh is high and Lakshadweep is low
The urban pollution of Maharashtra is high followed by Uttar Pradesh. Lakshadweep is low in population.
- Population in 2011 by Region (Geographic Bubble Chart)
- Population in 2011 and total % of all population by Region(Pie with Variable Slice Depth)
- Population in 2011 by Region ( Tree Map)
- Population in 2011 by Region (Tag Cloud)
Uttar Pradesh stands top in the population rate.
This graph shows that the rural population is greater than urban population. Rural population is nearly 2 times that of urban population.
And here ends my data geek story. Thanks for reading.. 🙂