As written by Thorsten Schneider in his recap of our first ABAP on SAP HANA CodeJam in July, it has been a great experience. So we started discussing and planning together with some customers, partners, and SCN mentors to repeat it a number of times this year (internal code name “Road to TechEd”).
Now, with the ABAP 7.4 on SAP HANA trial systems officially available, and the SAP TechEd 2013 quickly approaching, it seems like a perfect time to spread the word about the upcoming CodeJams planned for ABAP development on SAP HANA. During the CodeJam, you have the chance to meet some ABAP and HANA experts from SAP development, and of course put your hands on the system and make some experiences how to benefit from HANA in the ABAP development environment.
We have prepared some exercises (similar to the ABAP on SAP HANA educational scenario available here) but you can also just use the time for exploring the system, making some own experiments, and of course engaging with the other participants. You will be able to make experiences with the Eclipse based development environment, you will see how to push calculations to SAP HANA with the help of views and procedures, and optimize the performance of an an existing ABAP report.
The next series of events are fixed now and the registration links are available in the SCN CodeJam community.
- On September 4, there wil be an event in Durban, South Africa, in the SAP offices in Durban.
- On September 17, there will be an event in Antwerp, Belgium, at the Flexso offices (see blog).
- On September 26, there will be an event in Ankara, Turkey, at ODTÜ Teknokent.
- On October 4, there will be an event in Mumbai, India, at Colgate Palmolive Global Business Services.
- On October 18, there will be an event in Frankfurt, Germany, at BridgingIT (see blog)
There are a couple of more events planned until TechEd, but the locations and dates are not finalized.
Last but not least:
If your are interested to participate but there is no CodeJam available near to your location, why not host an own one? Click here for more information.
We are looking forward to seeing you at some CodeJam!