DP Forecast Execution
Creation of the Demand Forecast
Forecast can be created or modified both online and background.
Typically, you do a planning run for multiple products in the background with mass processing, and then adjust the figures interactively on the demand planning desktop.
1. You have defined the Calculation type and Time-based aggregation for each key figure in the planning area. This is done in the Customizing activity Administration for Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning.
2. You have created planning books and data views.
3. You have defined the forecast models.
4. You have created “like” models for products without demand history.
5. You have created phase-in and/or phase-out profiles for products whose lifecycles you want to model.
Forecast Execution in Interactive Planning:
- When you call up forecasting from interactive planning, the system searches for an assignment of the current profile to a forecast profile.
- It then carries out the forecast using the given historical data and the selected profile.
To load the selection data onto the book, select the required data from and click Load button in the planning book area on the right hand side.
To execute Univariate Forecasting, click from the Toolbar, a popup will appear asking to choose the forecast profile.
Forecast Execution with Mass Processing:
Mass processing allows you to create demand forecasts for large numbers of products while optimizing system resources.
· Create a separate data view for background processing task.
· For performance reasons, choose the planning bucket profile with one periodicity only, and a planning horizon as long as or longer than the forecast horizon (defined in the master forecast profile), and only the key figures that are required for forecasting.
1. Create an activity (/SAPAPO/MC8T)
To access this screen from the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Demand Planning ® Planning ® Demand Planning in the Background ® Define Activities for Mass Processing
Enter a name and description for the activity.
1. Create a Planning Job (/SAPAPO/MC8BD)
From the SAP Easy Access menu, choose Demand Planning ® Planning ® Demand Planning in the Background ® Create demand planning in the Background.
2 Schedule the Planning Job (/SAPAPO/MC8G)
From the SAP Easy Access menu, choose Demand Planning ® Planning ® Demand Planning in the Background ® Schedule Demand Planning in the Background.
4. Review the results in the Job log, and take corrective action
To access job log management, on the SAP Easy Access screen, choose
Macro Workbench (/SAPAPO/ADVM)
The macro workbench is a tool for administrating macro books and individual macros.
It enables you to quickly find macro books and perform the functions described in the Features section. You program the macros themselves in the MacroBuilder.
Default macro, default macro, level change macro, start macro, end macro, DRILL_DOWN, DRILL_UP, drill down, drill up, /SAPAPO/SDP94, /SAPAPO/ADVM