Large-scale transformation of anything is never easy. But that hasn’t stopped the Switzerland-based Business Transformation Academy (BTA) from pursuing its mission to help customers embarking on transformational change get the greatest value from their SAP investments. On the eve of its fourth annual Global Business Transformation Summit 2013, which takes place in Washington, D.C., Sept. 11 and 12, this extraordinary group is gearing up for the most insightful gathering ever. On hand will be a throng of top industry executives, experienced consultants, SAP leaders and renowned academics who will help customers take lessons learned about transformation and apply them to their own businesses.
Co-hosted by The Business Transformation Services (BTS) group of SAP consulting, the Summit is slated to provide attendees with case studies, new methodologies and the opportunity for plenty of lively conversation. I caught up with Lars Gollenia, head of Business Transformation Services at SAP, who couldn’t be more excited about what’s in store:
“We are looking forward to this year´s event in Washington D.C., a historically and culturally rich location. We invited some of the world’s greatest thought and change leaders to talk on the hottest topics. The excitement can already be seen as we have considerably more customers and partners registering for this year’s event compared to last year.”
Here are some excerpts from the agenda:
- Driving Co-Innovation: Professor Ashish Nanda, Harvard University Law School shows how companies can identify and drive innovation through lasting business partnerships, especially what it takes to establish trusted relationships for lasting customer impact.
- The Internet of Things – The Internet of the Future: Prof. Dr. Michael Rosemann from the Queensland University of Technology paints a dramatically different world for industries and the people they serve when every day physical objects are connected to the Internet and other devices.
- Digital Capability Framework: Professor Dr. Jan vom Brocke and Professor Dr. Robert Winter share how the SAP Digital Capability Framework helps companies analyze their business potential so they can get the most out of technical innovations for greatest business value.
- Business Transformation Award: the winner will showcase a successful transformation to becoming a digital enterprise, including innovation outcomes and lessons learned.
- Successfully Adapting Global Process to Local Markets: Yves Gouret, L’Oréal KISS Program Director explains how L’Oréal transformed its supply chain with process and organizational design changes for better global business in local markets.
- Transformation Lessons Customer Panel: Leaders from industries including oil & gas, utilities, manufacturing, and consumer goods spotlight transformation journeys, from obstacles overcome to outcomes achieved.
- What the Banking Industry Learns from Automotive: Dr. Hans-Gert Penzel, President ibi research, University of Regensburg, has a lesson for banks in crisis navigation from an unlikely source—the re-energized automotive industry.
- Business Transformation from Financial Point of View: Christoph Bäumer – Head of Global IT Sourcing, DHL reveals what it takes to pass the scrutiny of the executive board, including financial and quality review best practices.
To keep the insights flowing throughout the two days, attendees will also take part in a World Café concept, hop-scotching between hosted roundtables to tackle one of the biggest questions of the event: What are the strategic elements of best-in-class digital enterprises? The objective is to generate a crowd-sourced swell of new ideas that will be synthesized for further discussion on the last day.
Registration is still open, so it’s not too late to add the summit to your company’s transformation journey.
Follow me @smgaler
Follow the summit #SAPBTSummit @SAPServices