PHARMA BEST APO PRACTICES
1) Customers forecast their demand
2) Forecast figure is converted to Sales order
3) API (Bulk materials) is produced in one plant, but packed by second plant.(Demand assigned to one plant can also result from dependent requirements of another plant)
4) Plants acts as contractor for sourcing co transforming API’s to FG.
5) DC & Warehouse should be close to plants.
6) Finished goods/packaged goods to be shipped directly to customers/affiliates
7) Finished goods from one plant can be sent to another plant for Regulation checks and then sent to customers
8) A rough cut MPS is generated by SNP Heuristic Planning for each SKU using Global heuristics
9) Integration of APO DP with local ERP systems provides data to used to generate forecasts & statistical forecast models embedded in DP generate market forecasts per product which are then adjusted consensus forecasting function.
10) APO SNP takes final DP forecasts per product & generates global MPS’s per product, take inventory level, plant capacities & other restrictions into account. These drafts schedules with plants & refined & optimized.
11) Planning cycle will start every month with generation of fresh forecasts by each affiliates
12) Planning cycle will end with release of new global supply chain to local planning systems
13) APO DP can be implemented to enable sales forecasting generation at affiliates.
14) SNP VMI process heuristic methods can be used to determine replenishment quantities necessary to fulfill forecast sales. Corresponding sales orders are generated automatically.
15) SNP Shelf life planning through Heuristics is used.
16) SNP & CIF User exits to be used.