Handling bulk upload during transition period using SAP PI
Transition Period, the period of time during which legacy system changes to new system, during that process both systems operated to sustain the business stability. In a nut shell one state or stage to another without impacting the business
In order to meet the bulk upload requirement in the new SAP ECC implementation. The information to date indicates that legacy will continue to remain the custodian of master data during the transition period ann it will be replicated or synchronised with SAP ECC.
The Integration solution to fulfil the bulk upload strategy, so that
1) SAP ECC is not impacted through custom temporary interface solution.
2) Common data model can be created in SAP PI, a simple UI (User Interface) in HTML page can be created which will interact with SAP PI.
Issues for Consideration
Based on the indicative design decisions for the master and transaction upload data strategy,
1) The ability to perform bulk data maintenance of data including master and transaction data.
2) The ability to selectively choose the data attributes to maintain.
3) The ability to work offline without the need for any network connection or sessions connected to SAP ECC.
4) The capability to apply validation and authorisation controls to the individual data attributes being maintained.
5) Supports temporary legacy interface solution while the systems can evolve to interact with SAP ECC Interfaces.
The UI – User Interface can call the SAP standard functionality through SAP PO
The UI – User Interface can be developed as common data model
|M,N,O & P||Represented in the diagram|
|M – As is sate||
where the file is read from the FTP/Business system direct upload
|N – UI (Direct call )||where the file is read from the Business system/User directly with a UI (User Interface) tool (HTML page)|
|O -Evolution protocol||where the data is read from the Business system directly supporting the new protocols, such as web service, JMS, JDBC, and SOAP & HTTP. The payload remains the same as current state|
|P – Direct upload||If the user has the direct access to the SAP ECC and if the error message needs to be notified immediately to resolve it.|
|UI – User Interface||
Custom created User Interface
With HTML page anyone can interact with SAP PI, so we can use the UI as common data model
The ability to perform bulk data maintenance of asset data including master and transaction data.
SAP PO hosts the web service call
Through database connection parameters can connect to SAP PO directly
Any Queue mechanism can connect to SAP PO directly
The goal of the document is to help make users aware of the Handling bulk upload during transition period using SAP PI. Recommendations are based on my personal experience in SAP Implementation as an SAP employee and technical architect.The user can follow the suggestions provided by the document which should be supplemented with additional information. The suggestion provided by the document may vary as per the project requirement.
SAP Help, at http://help.sap.com, provides official documentation from SAP. It is structured help that is indexed and includes diagrams to illustrate key points. This site is open to the public; no login information is required.