How to connect an ABAP system to AEX for XI 3.0 (Proxy) scenarios
To allow the usage of ABAP proxies in an integration scenario with AEX and an ABAP system,
the required RFC connections need to be set up accordingly on the ABAP stack.
The following blog gives an overview of the required steps.
Thanks a lot to Michal’s blog which was the basis for my overview.
The main steps which need to be performed to set up a proper proxy connectivity are the following:
- Connection to Enterprise Service Repository (ESR)
- RFC connection to the AEX
Detailed Setup Description
1. Step: Connection to Enterprise Service Repository
- Start transaction SM59
- Create RFC-Destination of type “G” (HTTP-Connection to external server).
- Add a connection called “SAP_PROXY_ESR”:
- Add AEX server host name and port (port usually 50000)
- Add Path Prefix = “/rep“
- The user in the “Logon & Security” tab needs to be assigned to role SAP_XI_REP_SERV_USER
- The connection can be tested via transaction SE80 or SPROXY.
If the ESR connection is not working, the following error message will appear:
2. Step: RFC-Connection to the AEX
- Goto transaction SM59
- SM59 -> http Connection to ABAP System (Type H)
- Add AEX server hostname and port (usually 50000)
- Path is “/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?ximessage=true”
- The connection can be tested by clicking button “Connection Test”