WWI(Windows Word processor Integration) template creation
I recently got an opportunity to work on WWI templates in EHS module, which is very new and interesting!
So I thought of sharing my knowledge here which I believe will be helpful to all those who are new to EHS and WWI.
I have explained the steps to create a WWI template along with screen shots from SAP 🙂
Steps to create a WWI template in EHS module
1. Go to transaction CG42; give the template name and description and click on ‘SAVE’.
2. Click on Hit List (F8) and the following screen appears with template status as ‘Start of Work’.
3. Select the template and click on the Document button as shown below.
4. This step leads to the WWI template editor.
5. The format of the template can either be created in the blank page or can be created in MS Word and copied to the page shown above.
Once the static data/headings are ready, the value fields (available under ‘Parameter Symbols’) can be mapped to the respective spots
in the template which will display the required output.
The details regarding Specification Symbols and Descriptor Symbols are unknown to me as of now
(I have worked on Parameter Symbols only).
A sample of mapping a Parameter Symbol is shown below. Place the cursor at the required spot on the page, select the respective
Parameter Symbol and click on the button which says ‘Insert WWI Object in Template’, which results in the object displayed on
the selected spot on the page in green color which indicates that the same is mapped.
6. Once your template is ready, click on ‘SAVE’.
7. Then click on ‘Check’ which indeed saves the template.
8. Once the template is saved, click on ‘BACK’ button which takes us back to the Hit List. Now select the template and click on ‘Release’
which changes the Template status to ‘Released’. Please note that a template needs to be released before using or generating the output. If further changes need to be done on the template after release, click on ‘Cancel Release’ and repeat the steps.
9. Now, if some new custom Parameter Symbols need to be created, the steps are as follows:
- Go to transaction SPRO. Select the path as follows.
EHS-> Basic Data and Tools->Report Definition->Report Symbols->Specify Report Symbol Group.
The fetching of data fields are available in function modules.
A Report Symbol Group will have many Report Symbols. The required Report Symbol Group in which new Report Symbols
are required need to be identified and its corresponding ‘Foreign key – function module’ can be copied to a new Z function module and the newly required code to get new fields can be written in the Z function module. Also, the ‘Foreign key – function module’
need to be assigned with the new Z function module, and save the changes in a Customization Request.
- After assigning the new Z function module and saving the same, click on ‘BACK’ button and choose
‘Check and Specify Report Symbol Groups’.
- Then click on ‘New Entries’ to create new Report Symbols.
- To create a new Report Symbol, the following details need to be entered respectively.
- Once the details are entered, SAVE the changes. Now, the newly created Report Symbol will be available under the respective group in transaction CG42 where WWI template can be created or edited. The new Parameter Symbols can be mapped in the same manner as mentioned in the steps above.
10. Once the template is ready, the next step is to create a ‘Generation Variant’. The transaction for the same is CG2B.
Enter the Generation Variant Name, Report Category and the Template/Version.
Now, enter the Validity Area (the spot where the WWI template needs to be generated in EHS module), the initial release status and
the description for the Variant.
Once the details are entered, click on ‘SAVE’. Now, the desired WWI template can be generated at the mentioned Validity Area
in EHS module.
Hope it was interesting and helpful. 🙂
Thanks & Regards,