SCN Wiki Upgrade
I’m happy to announce that in early September the SCN wiki will be upgraded. This will ensure long term stability and compliance with technical requirements. In this blog you can find information about what is expected to change. Following the launch of the new wiki I will post another blog which will provide links to important guides and wiki training.
The changes will include:
- New navigation bar and layout
- The Wiki-markup editing language will be replaced with XHTML. Fear not! In order to help you with this change we will provide learning material and also a macro that will translate wiki mark-up code to XHTML.
Cool new features will include:
- Create pages with predefined templates and layouts
- Find and replace text within a wiki page
- Insert table and define its size with mouse hover
- Merge and color table cells
In addition, the following features will be removed due to inactivity:
- Mark for review– This feature enabled you to contact SCN moderators via the wiki interface. We now encourage you to do so via comments in the wiki space home page or via direct message to the wiki moderators in SCN.
- News Macro- This feature enabled you to create news updates for space users. We now encourage you to use the attention macro. Additional information will be provided after the launch.
If you are interested in attending a live training session or receive the link for the recording, please register here. (User training September 11th, 4:00 PM- 5:00|Moderators training, TBD)
As part of the upgrade the wiki will be down during Sep. 7th 8 AM CET till Sep. 9th 8 AM CET.
I wish you all true enjoyment in using the new wiki and its features. Please don’t hesitate to ask further questions using the comments section below.