Some of the key points,that can be considered for selection of SAP Process Orchestration ( SAP PO – Middleware )
- Central monitoring for message flow out of SAP ECC thru SAP PI
- Error monitoring for the messages flow out of SAP ECC thru SAP PI
- Centralized and standardized flow management leading to better security and reliability
- Common data model place holder
- Modelling and design of messages
- Transformations and cross-component integration processes
- Change real-time messages received from source system to batch processing to be delivered to the target system
- Messages that fail due to delivery errors can be configured to re-submit to the target system
- User management and security
- Validating the messages,cleansing and common format
- Converting from one format to another format
- To support the SAP standard functionality and Pre delivered code in SAP ECC
- For automated business process,scalability, archiving, admin, audit and orchestration
The goal of the document is to help make users aware of the SAP PI selection criteria for Implementation. Recommendations are based on my personal experience in SAP Implementation as an SAP employee and technical architect.. The user can follow the suggestions provided by the document which should be supplemented with additional information. The suggestion provided by the document may vary as per the project requirement.
SAP Help, at http://help.sap.com, provides official documentation from SAP. It is structured help that is indexed and includes diagrams to illustrate key points. This site is open to the public; no login information is required.