SAP for the Chemical Midmarket – ‘Chemical Company in a Box’
SAP. The solution for large global chemical companies with lots of money. WRONG. This common misconception is what stops many small and midsized chemical companies from implementing SAP software. For the most part, small and midsize chemical companies have the same business requirements as much larger enterprises. True, they might not have the same organizational complexity, but they still need to do research and development, procure raw materials, manufacture goods in continuous or batch managed production processes, manage complex supply chains and comply with ever increasing regulatory compliance requirements. At the same time, they have to drive operational excellence and profitable growth – so business transparency and a scalable, future-proof IT platform is essential.
Almost 15 years ago, SAP started to address implementation complexity by introducing industry-specific templates, delivering preconfigured business processes and implementation accelerators. The chemical industry template ‘SAP Best Practices for Chemicals’ covers almost 100 process scenarios across all functional areas of a chemical company (order-to-cash, manufacturing, financials or supply chain, to name a few).
Over the years, the industry template became the standard for SAP ERP implementations, but now SAP is driving this concept to the next level, by teaming up with our partners and offering a complete solution, based on the latest in IT technology. ‘Chemical Company in a Box’ takes out the complexity, cost, effort and risk involved with traditional ERP deployments. Fully integrated with SAP HANA (in-memory computing) and cloud based, benefits of the solution compared to a traditional ERP implementation and ownership include:
- Simplicity: One business partner providing the complete package with one monthly fee
- Industry-specific: Built on the SAP Chemical Industry Template
- Scalable: Designed for small and mid-size companies, but fully scalable to meet future needs
- Lowest TCO: Reduces cost through preconfigured templates and a cloud-based solution
- No Capital Expenditure:No up-front investments
- Quick Time to Value: Up and running in 2 days, full implementation in 5 months possible
- Low Risk:Successfully used in hundreds of projects worldwide
What are your thoughts around Chemical Company in a Box? Comment below or let us know using Twitter: @SAP4Chemicals