Now since SCN is 10 years I want to convey my best regards and would love to revisit the memories I cherish.
I remember the time I started my career as java developer. Dark were those days when I use to to cry for help.
Help me!! I am a newbie and I am a sap consultant, well!! wannabe 🙁 !!. Here goes my top 5 then and now –
Top 5 Things I use to love then –
- I was very very proud of the 500 points I earned and as bonus I got the certificate too 🙂
- Sharing was fun. I use to get the 90 points for Blog 120 for the technical documents. I still think those were the well deserved points fir the content instead of the points getting distributed for survey, liking the post or getting a post liked.
- Albeit the old Trex search, finding the answer in forums was easier. Now since the forums exist no more and the spaces are divided in to subspaces it has been difficult to search topics posts and the questions. May be it will get better going forward for now this & this blog are of great help. I had a chat about same with the scn team in last teched, lets see.
- Evaluating the individual ranking and company wise ranking was easy and fun. It helps a lot to setting target and to compete. I find it difficult to search for company wise ranking and companies ranking. It might be somewhere I believe I need to explore.
- The top 3 contributors in forum kept us motivated to strive for more. Achieving a top contributor status was a sense of achievement itself.
Top 5 Things I love now –
- The very first thing off-course the badges as long as it serves the purpose of achievement not for completing a survey.
- “Me in three” 3 badges visible to any one makes you popular I love this feature 🙂 and nothing to complain about it 😉
- The individual points & level system has been optimised. Its easy to see the current points and level from any where in the community. Reduce the efforts and click to navigate to profile and check the same –
- The new look and feel features like tagging members, social sharing in linked in, google +, twitter and even in Face Book 😛 . Helps to promote the contents and to spread the awareness be it a discussion, blog or technical documents. I believe it will help to find the answers, topic, post or blog in future.
- Last but not least the new interface and front end thanks SCN for providing a nice and pleasant overall look and feel.
At last a very happy 10th birthday to SCN, lets celebrate after all scnis10 !!.