As I mentioned at http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45568 I had a strange issue with date in a non –Gregorian calendar in my current project.

Fortunately I managed to fix the issue 2 days ago. It was really a strange case. I have access to other 3 systems which are R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0 EHP 4.0(Kernel 701, SP level 32) and ECC 6.0 EHP 6.0 and my current system is ECC 6.0 4.0(Kernel 701, SP level 92).

I had no problem with any above systems. As you see my IDES system configure is lower than my current system but I had no problem with it.

We decided to upgrade the kernel to 703 but I couldn’t fix the problem. Finally I decided to seat down and debug the international payroll derive. As you know it’s a bit big and complex program. It took me hours and unfortunately I could not find the source of date conversion problem.

I disappointed 🙁 but I thought to go to the point and just look the problem in a small program which shows the same issue and I remembered V_T549Q. I debugged display of V_T549Q in SM30 and I could find the source of problem in a few hours 🙂

What I learned is also debugging is not the best and last way but it is the BEST and LAST way to find the root of issues 😉

Omid

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply