Driving Business Intelligence Success with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards
I wanted to share with you some successful dashboards projects that might inspire you to push business intelligence (BI) adoption further across your own organization. Check out these links to learn more:
- Fast Company article featuring ’Where the Money is Flowing’: Learn about built-in dashboards with the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association. You can play with most of the data to help you understand where to invest even without being a member.
- FedEx replay of SAPPHIRE presentation: Listen to how FedEx rolled out SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards to 1800 stores and freed up 10% of its managers’ time. You just have to see the movie trailer they made to promote BI adoption.
- Continental Resources video from SAPPHIRE2013: See how its dashboards have given its executives the data they need to make decisions.
- JRS Pharmarketing blog post: Read about this innovative mobile dashboard use case that JRS built with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards and our partner Inovista
- Endress + Hauss blog post: Learn how Endress + Hauser managed a very successful rollout of SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards across multiple functional areas
What’s New with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
While I’m at it, I’d also like to give you an update on what’s new with SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1.
To begin with, let’s remember that in April 2012, SAP released a statement of direction for dashboarding that presented a new technology stack, SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio. But this is going to be a unification in the longer term, not the end of SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards. Let’s be clear that SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards still has a development team in place and new features coming in 4.1 and 4.2. For the original Statement of Direction you can access the webinar and the blog post with attached official document and webinar slides.
The list of new enhancements for SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 is pretty large considering the team was full out delivering the mobility functionality that came at the end of 2012 with the 4.0 SP5 release. The focus for new enhancements with version 4.1 has been on extending the mobile functionality. SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 is currently in ramp up and we expect that it will be generally available in the fall.
Customers now will be able to mobilize dashboards built with the QaaWS connection, not just the query panel – solving perhaps the biggest pain point with the original mobile release. Officially, SAP has never supported BI web services connections even for the Flash version, however this appears to also work for mobile dashboards in 4.1.
Other new features include:
- Offline support
- New mobile charts (waterfall and bubble plot)
- Flash Variables supported in mobile
- Chart data labels supported in mobile
- Component Dynamical Position
Please join the conversation around Dashboards by joining one of our customer groups , Idea Place or responding to this blog. And if you have your own inspiring Dashboards success story, don’t forget that you can show case them in the Dashboards Gallery.