What’s new in Search Lane – HR Renewal 1.0 – FP4?
Delivered in Suite Page Builder:
Suite Page Builder is the new page builder framework across business suite. The lanes of HR Renewal feature pack – 4 are delivered with the Suite Page Builder. More info on the help documentation on Suite Page Builder in coming days.
The Suite Page Builder offers a beautiful dock to add lanes that are chosen from multiple roles. This could be done by clicking on the ‘Settings’ icon in the upper right corner of the canvas. Through this, various chips configured in different roles of the end user can be accessed. Chips are selected/unselected by clicking on the checkbox next to their headers.
Search is configured into the FP4 roles of ESS, MSS and HR Professional.
Once you choose Search lane, you can start your search right from the small lane or from the expanded lane(full screen mode).
Enterprise Search capability:
The earlier version of Search was powered by SAP Query. From FP4, customers would have the additional option of Enterprise Search capability.
To understand more on Search category/category group customizing, you can visit IMG->Personnel Management->Personnel & Organization->Search.
Also at the Search Category group level, there are additional customizing options provided to render the Search result object name as ‘Label’ or ‘Link’ and in case of ‘Link’, there are options to mention the default Launchpad navigation per search category.
You can find more info on Search customizing here.
Changes in expanded Search Lane:
Though majority of the Search expanded lane looks the same compared to previous release, there are few very important functional changes providing additional information to end users.
In this new version of Search, the search results are rendered with a Quickview by default. Upon selection of other search result rows, Quickview for corresponding objects are shown.
This comes extremely handy since the end user can get other important information before performing any action on the object. Also the integration with ‘Work force viewer’ is provided right from the Quickview to give the end user more information from an organizational perspective.
More information on Workforce Viewer here.
Search lane is available for all three key roles in HR. i.e. ESS, MSS and HR Professional. Hence the end user would be able to perform actions on an object based on the relationship between the end user and the Search result object.
The dynamic actions are provided for the following scenarios:
- Employee Look up Scenario:
If the end user happens to find oneself in the search result, upon clicking the action menu icon the actions provided would be based on the
launchpad details maintained in the Employee Self-Service role configured via the Personalization Object Key – HRESS_ACTIONS_LPD. So the end user can perform his/her employee self-service actions right from Search.
- If the end user is assigned an HR Administrator role, the actions provided on click of action menu icon for a search result object would be based on the launchpad details maintained in the HR Professional role configured via Personalization Object Key – HRPAO_ACTIONS_LPD right from Search.
- If the end user is assigned a manager role and,
- he/she clicks the action menu icon for a search result object and if that object reports to the end user(manager), then the actions maintained per object type in launchpad of MSS role configured via Personalization Object Key – HRMSS_ACTIONS_LPD would be rendered as actions.
- he/she clicks the action menu icon for a search result object that is not reporting to the end user, then no actions are provided.
- If the end user has both HR Professional & MSS role assigned, actions configured through the launchpads of both HR Professional & MSS role would be grouped and rendered.
Amazing benefit of this is that no matter where the Search lane is configured(ESS,MSS or HR Professional) and consumed, possible actions for end user on a particular search result object would be provided based on the Launchpad details maintained in those roles via personalization object keys. So there is seamless navigation/action possible across applications from Search.
The launchpad details for actions are maintained in the personalization object keys of respective roles.
This can be found under tab ‘Personalization’ after opening the role in edit/display mode.
Improved accessibility – Support for RTL mode and High Contrast Black(HCB):
In the FP4 release, support for RTL viewing mode has been added and delivered.
Also the application could be viewed in High Contrast Black theme enhancing accessibility for languages like Arabic, Hebrew.
This is my first shot at a blog. Hope this was helpful! 🙂