How I negotiate my appraisal & proved my point.
It was always a long discussion to justify my credibility. I use to keep bunch (large one) of excel sheet and try to prove my point why
I should have better payoff then before and the result? It never worked out. They Ironically refuse to understand the excel sheets 😕 .
This time I tried a different way
This is how my usual time sheet looks like in excel isn’t it just gorgeous simple and straight forward? 🙂
Trust me it is but not to everyone –
So I collected all my timesheet and used sap Lumira for the first time and the result, I was able to prove my point here is how step by step –
- – I solved a lot of technical challenges fixed bugs. I am technically good .
- – I did a lot of support across the globe, see I am multilingual that helps.
- – Most of my time is spent on unplanned issues and bug fixing, now I understand why it was always difficult for me to justify the time I consume 🙁 . See it was all unplanned it is justifiable now why I was not able to justify.
- – I was less focused in team building He had a point but you see I was spending more time in solving technical challenges so I too have a point.
- – Most of the action items completed within first day, which proved I am efficient.
- – I spent most of the time in most productive action items.
For further analysis and to prove I am good enough I also created other charts, which are as follows –
The only challenges I see while working with Lumira is that SAP visual intelligence is not intelligent enough to understand heterogeneous format excel sheets. Which means I have to create uniform excel sheets for my time sheet going forward.
What happen to my appraisal yeah thats a mystery I didn’t hear back yet.