Craft Brewing in the Cloud
Summer is coming to a close. And as the days shorten a bit, it’s nice to sit out on the deck and crack open a Victory Summer Love Ale from the Victory Brewery in Downingtown, PA. Until recently, I never really considered the effort and passion that craft brewers put into their brews.
I had the pleasure of working with my colleague Kaan Turnali on a blog post called “Managing Beer Velocity in the Cloud,” which exposed us to Golden Road Brewing, a craft brewing startup in Los Angeles.
Golden Road has another advantage over other craft brewers in Paul Burgis, an expert in brewery operations with years of experience running SAP at Anheuser-Busch. Paul knew that a cloud-based solution was the perfect fit for Golden Road.
The value of OrchestratedBEER OnDemand was clear and measured through:
- Dollars – The ROI for Golden Road’s cloud-based solution less than a month.
- Speed – The brewery implemented it in five weeks.
- Access – The mobile app brings your brewery operations to your iPhone or iPad.
OrchestratedBEER is available in three flavors, depending on the number of users and capacity of your brewery:
- OnDemand for up to 25,000 barrels and up to 15 users
- Standard for 25,000 – 100,000 barrels and 5 – 25 users
- Enterprise for over 100,000 barrels and 20 – 1,000 users
There’s more to Golden Road’s success than hops and water. Read more Kaan’s and my blog post on SAP Business Trends to find out about beer velocity –and how the cloud helped the brewery fill an order that would have been impossible for other start-ups.