-Every cube will have two fact tables /F & /E and have same structure.
Before run the query i compress the cube it deletes the request id information and maintain is zero the data will goes to F to E table. Then report come for both the tables.
Steps for Compression :
Goto Cube–>Manage–>Collapse tab
and select latest request id click release in the request tab there is green mark in compression, after compression we cant delete the request.
* When we create cube it creates 2 fact tables F & E, Structure of E & F tables will be same
* Whenever we load data to cube, data will be loaded to F table
* Whenever we do compression it deletes the request id information & aggregates the records based on characteristic value combination and put the data into E table
* After Compression data will move from F table to E table
F table :
E Table :
* When do reporting on the Info cube data come from F table & E table
* Once the compression is done in the info cube we cannot delete the data based on request number.
* When we specify a request to compress, the specified request & all the requests below it will get compressed
* When you do compression in collapse tab there is checkbox – zero elimination, if you select this check box, after aggregating the records if there is any key figure value with ‘zero’ it will delete those records.