The #sapportalstars strikes back!
Following our last year very successful #nwportalstars challenge, and the announcement of the new portalhangouts channel, I would like to launch another challenge this year just prior to SAP TechEd 2013. This time I would like to do it a bit different and much more social…
The sapportalstars challenge provides you a platform to expose your innovative company to other portal customers and increase your brand visibility as a thought leader in this area. In addition, this may be the start of a closer relationship with the SAP Portal Product Management team to continuously exchange ideas and influence future directions.
This year we would like to focus on the following key topics of the SAP Portal Portfolio:
- SAP NetWeaver Portal, mobile edition (a.k.a “mobile portal” or “Portal On Device”) – your experience, best practices and proof-of-concepts with the mobile portal
- External facing scenarios – your experience of implementing the portal in an external facing scenario
- Great user experience – customizing the SAP NetWeaver Portal and delivering a great user experience for your end users
- SAP HANA Cloud Portal – providing your users a great user experience with the SAP HANA Cloud Portal offering
- SAP NetWeaver Portal on HANA – your thoughts how HANA with its in-memory computing capabilities, can boost productivity for portal users
I would like to invite you to hang-out with us or share your SAP Portal success in a recorded “blog” (if you would like to blog it in the traditional way, it is also possible, but we would like to be much more social this year…).
So, how will it work? After accepting our invitation to join the 2013 #sapportalstars challenge, we will Hang-out together about your topic. Just prior to TechEd, we will produce a nice summary video of all of the participants talking about their product experiences.
What should you do to participate?
- Anyone who is running an SAP Portal can participate – customers, partners, SAP Employees,…
- If you would like to take the recommended (and coolest ;)) approach – drop me an e-mail to (email@example.com) and we will schedule a hang-out session\interview. No worries, we will align in advance the question and flow
Important: please also comment below to make sure that the community knows that you are participating.
- If you would like to recorded your own web-cam session (or write a “traditional” blog), please refer to the following points:
- Introduce yourself and your company
- Business benefits
- Number of users
- Solution screenshots or short demo
- Lesson learned from the project
- Mention if you plan to attend SAP TechEd 2013 and in which location – we will potentially invite you to join one of our sessions
I am very happy to share with your our first #sapportalstar for 2013 – Simon Kemp from PLAUT IT, Australia. Simon, on top of his regular job, is an sapmentor. and very active in the SCN portal community. Thanks Simon for being a leader in this challenge!
Some more guidelines
- You are encourage to use this medium even if you are not attending SAP TechEd
- We’re opening this challenge for SAP TechEd Las Vegas and SAP TechEd Amsterdam
- Like and Follow this blog to get regular updates
- Promote this challenge and your participation via twitter with hashtag: #sapportalstars and portalhangouts
- Please complete your participation by October 11th.
Let’s start hanging-out!