Travel costs are the second highest controllable cost in many companies.
So managing them actively is definitely a worthwhile field to step into.
Besides the automation of the end-to-end process and helping the business traveler to eliminate excessive admin and paperwork there are some more interesting topics to focus on:
Many companies want to build their booking strategy on a single channel
Having an integrated online booking provider is an effective way to
- start getting volume discounts
- applying your company policies
- having a clear and transparent process
We partnered with big players which are fully integrated to SAP Cloud for Travel:
For other companies, very often depending on which region they are located in, a multichannel approach is the key to success
Having an integration with Traxo is an easy way to go:
- Booking confirmations are directly merged to a single itinerary and available in SAP Cloud for Travel
- Costs are posted transparently, and reimbursed quickly
Additionally every business traveler gets trip updates like weather alerts, can track miles and point balances and can securely share trip data with his travel buddies to connect and be notified of travel overlaps
A new trend is the combination of both, an integrated booking partner for the majority of bookings and open booking approach for the rest.
- A certain amount of bookings are booked manually because some arrangements are not available on the single channels or there are more affordable ones which are closer to your customer while still compliant with your travel policies
- Besides that cheaper arrangements are possible with direct bookings and the companies want to give their employees the choice to book closer to the destination or more comfortable at the same price.
With Open Booking you can combine the best of both worlds while staying compliant, having the most ideal arrangement, and a clear transparent view on the cost; still having the information about your employees to fully cover your responsibility in case of an emergency.
With SAP Cloud for Travel You have the Choice to manage bookings Your way!
If you are on GTBA in San Diego, visit us onsite at booth #2737