We have CRYSTAL REPORTS running on our development systems – but are having issues installing the RUNTIME to our PRODUCTION servers.
Any help/support will be much appreciated. The following outlines the issue:-
1. Logged on as a user with administrator privileges
2. right click on file c:\software\CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_6.msi,
3. then select install from menu
4. the install program gives the following:- “an error occurred attempting to create the directory: c:\inetpub\wwwroot”
5. if I delete the directory (or rename it) – and click “retry” button on the
installer, then I get error “the installer has insufficient privileges to access the directory c:\inetpub\wwwroot.
The installation cannot continue. Please log on as administrator or contact your administrator.”
6. If I use windows explorer (as the same user who’s running the install), I have full access to this folder, all permissions, read, write, delete…
7. If I run the 32-bit package, then I get the same issue