Debugging using a DTP “Indicator: Expert Mode Request Simulation”
We have numerous documents on debugging using a DTP,but quiet few numbers which explains on “Indicator: Expert Mode Request Simulation”.
Below is the brief elucidation of Indicator: Expert Mode Request Simulation
Indicator: Expert Mode Request Simulation
If you set this indicator, you can debug a DTP request in expert mode. The system does not execute the simulation request directly; you can edit the simulation request interactively before it is processed.
You can change the following properties:
- Setting for temporary storage
Use expert mode in the following cases:
- If the amount of data in the source is very large and the runtime of a simulation request for the entire selection would be considerable
- If you want to generate the temporary storage during request processing but do not want to change the DTP settings.
- This is useful in productive systems where you cannot change DTPs.
- If you want to test a particular record
Below is an example on how to use expert mode indicator for debugging in DTP.
What Happens if we select Indicator Expert Mode?
Step 1:Select Indicator/check box Expert mode in DTP .
-Click on Simulate button.
-Displays the filter values which can be used for debugging I have chosen Company Code:1000 and Customer:20001.
-You can select Temporary store and Breakpoints as shown below.
Now just Click on execute button to go on to the debugging screen as shown below.
Now debugging screen is opened where in the debugging of routines(Start/End/Expert/field routine’s) can be debugged.