We can create REM profile using REM profile assistant in through Transaction code OSPT which can help us in order to incorporate the various functionalities which are being controlled through REM profile in Repetitive manufacturing.
We can create the REM profile for MTS scenario or MTO and select any of the existing standard profile as baseline or template for REM profile creation ,the entry for template is optional. And click on next
The profile assistant will ask for different scenarios and for different business requirement and also we can get more information related to fields on
every screen by clicking the recommendations and meanings .
Following are the Business process requirement or question catalogue which appear during the creation of REM profile.
1.Reporting point-if requirement is to work with RP-REM-select one of the radio button .We use the reporting point procedure, If we back flush
manufactured quantities to reporting points. Reporting points are flagged as milestones in the routing. If we use mandatory reporting points, then we must back flush at every reporting point. If we use optional reporting points, we can carry out the normal final
back flush, using reporting point back flush only in certain scenario.
Click on next.
2 . Activity posting :while doing back flushing for material whether the system posts production activities or separate activity posting . If we instruct the system to post production activities, it calculates these activities on the basis of the cost estimate and posts them to the cost collector, after creating REM profile we can change it to whether activity confirmation is to be done on the basis of standard cost estimate or preliminary cost estimate.
3.Separate back flushing: It is only possible to separate the back flushing processes with make-to-stock production and valuated sales order stock.
We have three options:
- Separate posting of goods issue and activities from goods receipt We only back flush the goods receipt. Goods issues and activities are posted later.
- Goods issues and activities are also aggregated and collectively posted.
- The postings are also distributed over several servers.
4.GR and GI: Normally, the back flush encompasses goods receipt and goods issue. If we choose “only post GR”, we can post the goods issues for the components collectively, using the goods issue transaction in repetitive manufacturing. If we want to select”Post GR only” here, check first whether it would make sense to use the separated back flush function. If we do not use the separated back flush function here and we choose “Post GR only”, manually separate the goods receipt and goods issue postings.
5.Firming of planned orders: Here, we define the firming logic for the planned orders whether planned orders are firmed in Planning table in MF50 or not.
6 Stock determinations: we can use Stock determination in which we build an order of preference for the usage of available stocks, for example, by price and quantity.Stock determination is defined by:
- Stock determination rule in the repetitive manufacturing profile
- Stock determination group in the material master record.
The combination of plant, stock determination rule and stock determination group defines stock determination.
7.Batch determination: Here, we can assign batch search procedure for back flushing in REM If materials are to be handled in batches, but we have entered no batch search procedure, the system uses the general batch search procedure.
8. Reducing the planned order/Run schedule qty. Here we define how the planned order/RS quantities are reduced at back flush:
- The system makes no reductions.
- The system reduces all the planned orders or run schedule headers, which are assigned to the given production version.
- The system reduces all the planned orders or run schedule headers which are assigned to the given production version, and are assigned to no production version.
- The system reduces all the planned orders or run schedule headers which are assigned to the given production version and assigned to no production version, and are assigned to other production versions for the material.
9. Reduction period: Here we define the no of days which system takes into consideration while reducing the Planned order/RS Quantities.
10.Planned order creation on reversal: Here, we define how the system recreates the reduced planned orders when a back flush
is reversed, Whether system creates planned orders to cover the goods receipt Quantity reversed on that day or system creates planned orders via an
asynchronous MRP run (single-segment planning, single-level), which it execute automatically after reversal. The quantities in the planned orders are determined on the basis of the current requirements situation the system creates no planned orders.
11.Error correction: Here we define the error handling of incorrect Goods movementoccur during back flushing which are later on will be cleared through MF47. We have the following correction options:
- No online correction: in this case, we must maintain the point “Reprocessing records” so that the system creates reprocessing
records (next screen). The system then creates reprocessing records for incorrect withdrawals.
- Online correction mandatory: the system only allows back flush after the errors have been corrected.
- Online correction optional: The system displays a dialog box in which we can decide whether to correct the error or not. Please note: if, in the dialog box, we decide not to correct the error,the system will only create reprocessing records if we have correspondingly maintained the point “Reprocessing records” (next screen).
12.Reprocessing of Incorrect Goods movements :Here we define whether or not the System is to log reprocessing records for BOM components with errors in back flushing. If we want the System to log reprocessing errors, we must also decide whether the System is only to create cumulated records or whether we also require individual reprocessing records.
13.Movement types: Here we define which movement types are used in REM (back flushing GR and GI) It is recommended that we should use the standard movement types but we want to use enter own movement types here, we must have defined them completely already in OMJJ.
14.Name and description of REM profile: Here in last we can define the REM profile and give its description