Sybase Mobile SDK_error_in_starting_the Unwired_workspace
This document is prepared as a solution for the issue that me and my team was faced during one of our SUP (Sybase Unwired Platform) project implementation.
We are getting an error message when we are trying to run the Sybase Unwired work-space on windows laptop.
- SUP Server specification:
- Sybase Unwired work-space: Eclipse edition
“Java was started but return exit code = 1” we did some search for this error message on Google We came across the link which talk about this error message and suggested some changes in “eclipse.ini” file.
Path for eclipse.ini file: Your installation dir\ Sybase\Unwired platform\Eclipse\eclipse.ini
Before updating the eclipse.ini file please make the following changes.
- Uninstall the existing JDK version and Install the complete JAVA SE package (latest version).
- Set the path variable with,
- C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\bin;
- C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin;
“Eclipse.ini” before change:
By referring the links on Google I have made the following changes to the Eclipse.ini
“Eclipse.ini” after change:
Lines in “Bold with blue” are the changes that I have made to this file.
- Once this changes done, just restart the eclipse.
- This time it will run the eclipse without any error.
- Sometimes your Sybase Mobile SDK plug-in is missed out so just copy and paste the Sybase Mobile SDK plug-in it into the eclipse plug-in folder and restart the eclipse.
- And your eclipse is ready for Sybase Unwired Platform Project development.