Redlining for Bill of Materials
BOM Redlining is now integrated inside the WebUI of the bill of material screen. Design and manufacturing partners can now propose changes to the BOM. There is built-in support for review and approval process for the redlines, including color-coded visual indication of changes.
You can define a status network for the redline and the status will indicate the maturing of the redline. Redlines get automatically implemented to the
production BOM once they reach approved status.
- BOM Redlining on the Web UI
- In engineering there is a high demand to maintain product structures from the earliest stages of the development process up to the creation of a product
prototype. Such product structures can contain detailed specifications, CAD data, product variants, and materials, all of which may need to be modified and tracked during the transition from an engineering bill of material (EBOM) to a manufacturing BOM (MBOM).
- You can use redlining to simplify the changing and displaying of material bills of material (MatBOM), as well as to track proposed and accepted changes to BOM items.
- Users propose changes to a MatBOM by redlining (deleting or adding items, changing quantities or other attributes). To facilitate collaboration, external users such as suppliers, partners, and manufacturing experts can also be authorized to create BOM redlinings.
- Implementation Considerations
- Redlining is delivered as a standard Business Add-In (BAdI) implementation in Customizing for Logistics General under
- Redlining is valid for MatBOMs with the standard shipment.
- MatBOM headers with redlining can be added to engineering records.
- The change number derived from the Change Record function can be used to apply proposed redlining changes to the original MatBOM.
- Redlining can be performed in Display and Change modes for MatBOMs, provided the user has special redlining authorization.
- Authorization Roles
- For internal users, SAP recommends the authorization role SAP_PLMWUI_MFG_ENGINEER3
Content has been marked as Abuse with URL provided from where content is copy pasted. PLAGIARISM is not acceptable in SCN.